Hi - I was trying to relearn what I worked on a year ago and somehow all my portfolios on my homepage disappeared. I can still see the work in my "portfolios" link on the right hand side in my editor dashboard. They didn't disappear. And the eye-icon is there upon hover. But I don't see the portfolio cover images or anything anymore.
I'm not sure if I changed dimensions somewhere accidentally and that messed it up or what but I've been trying to figure it out for thirty minutes without success. The big white space in the attached is where they used to be.
Attached files: Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 7.30.13 PM.png
Thank you! Notes below...
1. fixed customizer:
>> Why wasn't the customizer showing before out of curiosity if I had all my theme/plugins up to date? Very odd!
2. uploaded footer logo (via Appearance>Footer)
>> thank you.
3. Portfolio now work:
>> what did I accidentally do that broke it? I have to change the masonry so the images fit like they used to (they're not the right croppings anymore - for instance some vertical images are in a horizontal box right now) so how do I do that without breaking something? What steps?
4. the problem with the menu is like this:
- the line after the word "Menu" needs to be a color, not black and white.. you can choose it from Appearance>Customize>Site>Color>Primary Color. This is also for back to top button and many more.
>> the yellow you chose makes sense. Thank you!
The nav links are now white via Custom CSS
>> Is it possible to change them to black when the page scrolls onto the white after the parallax header? The white color is great on the black header but once you scroll you can't see it anymore. Or do you mean that's why it needs to be a color, as referenced above?
Also the "logo" that is displayed (for my site it's the "F•55" one in the attached) - what's the benefit of having that? Seems like I can eliminate it with a footer and header but I just want to make sure I'm seeing it everywhere it shows up before deciding.
And where within my MTheme can I customize the site's favicon?
Attached files: Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 12.52.22 PM.png
As opposed to the logo being the "home" button can the footer be hyperlinked to be a home button? I don't see a place to add a URL to the footer behind the scenes. I see "Bottom Footer Options" and a color for hover text but I don't see if the actual logo/graphic can be hyperlinked.
Found the favicon area. ;-) The other questions/comments simply remain!
Can you clarify what the "Breadcrumb" is? I changed the font on there now the menu text disappeared.
And also, why is "Text Transform" to Uppercase not an option for all the fonts, everywhere, in the site customizer?
first of all i want to say that support only handles the bugs or issues with the theme. Any customization to the theme is not part of support.
1. the customizer had an internal error, i have updated the theme.
3. you didn`t broke anything, proceed to make what changes you have done in the past. the issue causing the error was the links in the menu, if you leave them like i did it will work.
4. the nav link can not change color when they go on white background.. you need to figure a color or something to work on black and white bg.
5. the footer logo is for design only. UX and UI dictates that the top left logo should have a link to home. It can be done with footer logo also but a developer must create that option for you.
6.Breadcrumb is the header image.
7. About the Text transform, i don`t know. But you can use custom css to ippercase what you want.
I appreciate you clarifying that but I don't need help choosing WHAT customizations I enable and change - I just needed help to find WHERE the text and such are within the theme's design, which mThemes knows and I don't. I've used a lot of different company's templates and all the customizations are always in a different spot. I only ask where something is if I've already tried to figure out how to do it myself and can't even locate the option in the theme. I appreciate your answer to #4 regardless. And #5's answer was more so a question of "is this somewhere in the theme and I don't see it?" since there are other places for url links.
If there's a comprehensive support page or tutorial videos explaining where things are within mThemes' design customization on the backend, I haven't seen it. I'd be happy to be directed there and not ask questions if this exists somewhere and you can point me in the right direction. I wasn't able to find anything besides searching people's previous support questions, which don't answer all questions.
Why is there only one "location" option in my menu area? Somehow my menu switched from opening to the left of the hamburger, to a totally different hamburger style that opens in a left-side column, not on the area next to the "x" or hamburger.
I went to change this in menu locations (not that I changed anything to begin with - just the order of the pages on the menu) and there's not an option there. Is this odd? Is there supposed to be some different option(s) for the menu location aside from "primary menu"?
Attached files: Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 7.19.52 AM.png
Another thing....the portfolio disappeared again. You had made it reappear and chose "Metro" for the style of portfolio. So I switched it back to Masonry, what it was. It was fine...then I refreshed the page and it disappeared. Why does this keep happening? It needs to be a portfolio on the homepage set to "Masonry" and not disappear.
Here's all my questions since your last reply to make it easier:
1) Why is there only one "location" option in my menu area? Somehow my menu switched from opening to the left of the hamburger, to a totally different hamburger style that opens in a left-side column, not on the area next to the "x" or hamburger.
On the note of the menu - the links need to be what they are currently in the menu items so they properly link to the pages they correspond to. For instance, one of the pages didn't link to anything before. I've fixed this but now the menus aren't visually placed were they were before.
2) The portfolio disappeared again. You had made it reappear and chose "Metro" for the style of portfolio. So I switched it back to Masonry (what I prefer it to be and what it previously was before disappearing). It was fine...then I refreshed the page and it disappeared. Why does this keep happening? It needs to be a portfolio on the homepage set to "Masonry" and not disappear.
3) Unfortunately I still don't see where I can change the color of the menu on the "Customize" menu. Where is this option located? I don't see any color options in "Menu", "Site > Colors" or anywhere else. I would like it to be grey (#AAAAAA) but I want to be able to change this on my own without asking about it.
4) Where is there an option to change the space underneath the breadcrumb/header image and the top box of text? I tried to find it in the "Page > Homepage > Visual Composer" and it's not there, and I couldn't find it in the "Appearance > Customize > Site > Breadcrumb" option either. Ideally I want it to be 1/2 of the space currently there but I also want to know how to change it myself. The question I'm asking is: where is this option located or do I need custom CSS?
Attached files: Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 8.02.33 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 7.55.52 AM.jpg